First of all, we must look at the structural complexity […]
First of all, we must look at the structural complexity of this mold. Generally speaking, it takes about a month to open an injection mold. The time required for complex molds is longer. Usually an injection mold is opened, and a detailed review is necessary. After approval, the mold can be opened. After opening the injection mold, the mold needs to be tested. The following items are required for injection mold manufacturing:
1. The cooling (water passage) in the mold is related to factors such as product size, shape, plasticity and holding time.
2. The roughness of the mold cavity should reach the "mirror level", otherwise the product will be difficult to demold, and the product needs too much power when it is ejected and is easily damaged. The roughness of positioning pins, clamping surfaces and other parts is regulated by standards.
3. The plastic mold should have sufficient rigidity, otherwise it will deform when the mold is kept under pressure, which will cause the "flash" to select a reasonable exhaust position and its control amount. Otherwise, the plastic is not filled and the product is "out of material".
4. The injection molding road should be selected reasonably, so that the material can reach every place evenly (the flow path is equal), and there must be enough storage space to ensure that the plastic is replenished during the shrinking process. Moreover, the shrinkage coefficient of each material is different, and the mold has a reasonable shrinkage rate.
5. The fixing method of the mold and the injection molding machine should be reasonable, reliable and firm to prevent accidents caused by displacement when the mold is closed. Disassembly is also very convenient. In addition, it is necessary to choose a reasonable demoulding method, and choose the appropriate position and quantity of thimble to ensure that the product is not damaged during ejection.