1. Mold opening direction and parting line When designi […]
1. Mold opening direction and parting line
When designing each injection product, the mold opening direction and parting line must be determined first, and the core-pulling slider mechanism should be minimized in the design to simplify the mold structure and pay attention to eliminating the influence of the parting line on the appearance.
After the mold opening direction is determined for custom mold opening, the structure of the reinforcing ribs and buckles of the product should be designed to be consistent with the mold opening direction as much as possible to avoid core pulling, reduce splicing gaps, and prolong the service life of the mold. In addition, an appropriate parting line should be selected to avoid undercutting in the mold opening direction, thereby improving the appearance and performance of the mold.
2. Choose the appropriate draft angle when customizing mold opening
1. Choosing the appropriate draft angle when customizing the mold can avoid the product from scratching. The demoulding angle of the smooth surface should be less than 0.5 degrees, the fine-grained surface (sand surface) should be greater than 1 degree, and the rough-grained surface should be greater than 1.5 degrees.
2. Appropriate demoulding slope can avoid the top damage of the product, such as: top white, top crack, deformation, etc.
3. When customizing mold opening for deep cavity structure products, the slope of the outer surface should be greater than the slope of the inner surface as much as possible to ensure that the mold core will not shift during injection molding, the product wall thickness is uniform, and the material strength at the product opening should be obtained. ensure.
3. Product wall thickness
Each plastic has a certain range of wall thickness. The general wall thickness range is 0.5~4mm. When the wall thickness exceeds 4mm, the cooling time will be prolonged, and problems such as shrinkage will occur. It should be considered to change the product structure to improve. Uneven wall thickness will result in shrinkage of the surface, as well as porosity and weld lines.